On the 17-18th of December, 2011, Free University of Tbilisi hosted the first national conference about CLE in commercial law. The event was organized by the national Center of Commercial Law, Judicial Independence and legal Empowerment Project (JILEP) and Georgian Bar Association.
More then a hundred lawyers and interested people with higher education in law participated in the conference.
The reports about following topics were represented by the invited speakers:
- Lawyer’s professional ethics – Irakli Kordzakhia, ethics commission of the Georgian bar association, juridical company “Kordzakhia and Zhgenti”;
- Legal aspects of real estate( and other) business in independent Georgia – Iago Khvixhia, the head of juridical department of the public registry.
- Due Diligence in Georgian legal practice – Kakha Sharabidze, Maia Mtsariashvili, juridical company Business Legal Bureau (BLB).
- Problematic issues of contract termination – Levan Janashia, Tbilis Arbitration Institute.
- Varieties of trademarks and issues of determining the similarities of different trademarks – Nikoloz Gogilidze, Intellectual Property Law company “Mikadze, Gegechkori, Taktakishvili”.
- Mediation – alternative way of solving legal disputes, new sphere for Georgian lawyers – Giorgi Tsertsvadze, J&T consulting.
- International business contracts, recognizing and executing decisions made by foreign state courts regarding the international business contracts – Giorgi Svanadze, juridical company “Rödl & Partner”.
- Current problems in insolvency law in court practice perspective – Roin Migrauli, juridical company “Migrauli and partners”.
The financial support of the conference was provided by the USAID’s Judicial Independence and Legal Empowerment Project, which is run by the East-West Management Institute (EWMI) in Georgia.